Re: [Condor-users] User profile for condor-reuse-vm1 in Windows XP

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:14:42 +0100 (BST), SG Wilkinson
<Stephen.Wilkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We would like to create the necessary key in the registry for use by
> condor-reuse-vm1 (the owner of the jobs on the remote machines), but it
> seems that Condor doesn't have a user profile (as can be shown by
> running a simple batch script which runs "cmd /c set > dump.txt" on the
> remote machines)

You can set any environemnt variables you like on submission you know.
Setting USERPROFILE=. then hacking in an NTUSER.DAT would, I guess,
not work though.
I don't know if once it exists you can force it to reload the profile...

> Is it possible to make condor-reuse-vm1 load a profile, maybe a preset
> default profile? Is there a way to specify that certain machines will
> run with a preset profile, or that a job should load a certain profile
> before running? Is the profile that condor-reuse-vm1 currently using
> adjustable in any way?

if you can cause it to happen by a wrapper script...?

> If this feature is not supported in Windows, is it feasible in Unix?

errrm - unix doesn't have a registry, unless you mean running under WINE?

Matt