[Condor-users] Condor 6.7.7 released!

The Condor Team is pleased to announce the release of Condor 6.7.7.
6.7.7 is primarily for improvements to the grid universe, and includes
support for strong authentication and multiple users for the 'condor'
gridtype, and full support for the Globus Toolkit 4.0.0 release.  It also
now allows the LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE to include other files, STARTD_EXPRS
can now be on a per-VM basis, the DAGManID attribute is now in a format
suitable for job priority usage, and the POSIX directory functions are now
supported in the standard universe.  See the Version History and Release
Notes for details. Condor 6.7.7 is available from our Downloads page,
and will appear on the mirror sites later tonight. We believe 6.7.7 is
fairly stable, but it is not recommended for production systems, unless
you require checkpointing support for a Linux distribution not supported
by our 6.6 releases.  6.7.6 users who are using the Globus Toolkit 4.0
are strongly urged to upgrade to 6.7.7

The development plan calls for another 6.7 to be released in a few weeks
and will be also major feature release. We hope to be a few releases
away from the 6.8.0 stable release.

The Version History can be found here:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/8_2Development_Release.html

Thanks, and we hope to enjoy 6.7.7!

--The Condor Team
condor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

Below are the differences in the config file between 6.7.6 and 6.7.7
for people who want to upgrade to the new binaries but use their existing
configuration files. Most of it is commented out, and unless you use
the Grid Universe and gridtype = condor, 6.7.6 config files will work
just fine with 6.7.7 binaries

------CUT HERE--------

##
## STARTD_EXRS and STARTD_ATTRS can be defined on a per-VM basis
## The startd builds the list of things to advertise by combining
## the the lists in this order: STARTD_EXPRS, VMx_STARTD_EXPRS,
## STARTD_ATTRS, VMx_STARTD_ATTRS. In the below example, the startd
## ad for VM1 will have the value for favorite_color, favorite_season,
## and favorite_movie, and VM2 will have favorite_color, favorite_season,
## and favorite_song
##
#STARTD_EXPRS = favorite_color, favorite_season
#VM1_STARTD_EXRS = favorite_movie
#VM2_STARTD_EXPRS = favorite_song
##
## Attributes themselves in the STARTD_EXPRS and STARTD_ATTRS list can
## also be on a per-VM basis.  In the below example, the startd ads will be:
## VM1 - favorite_color = "blue"; favorite_season = "spring"
## VM2 - favorite_color = "green"; favorite_season = "spring"
## VM3 - favorite_color = "blue"; favorite_season = "summer"
##
#favorite_color = "blue"
#favorite_season = "spring"
#STARTD_EXPRS = favorite_color, favorite_season
#VM2_favorite_color = "green"
#VM3_favorite_season = "summer"

##
## Condor GAHP server
##
CONDOR_GAHP = $(SBIN)/condor_c-gahp

##
## The Condor GAHP server has it's own log.  Like the Gridmanager, the
## GAHP server is run as the User, not a Condor daemon, so all users must
## have write permssion to the directory used for the logfile. Our
## suggestion is to create a directory called GridLogs in $(LOG) with
## UNIX permissions 1777 (just like /tmp )
## Another option is to use /tmp as the location of the CGAHP log.
##
MAX_C_GAHP_LOG        = 1000000

#C_GAHP_LOG = $(LOG)/GridLogs/CGAHPLog.$(USERNAME)
C_GAHP_LOG = /tmp/CGAHPLog.$(USERNAME)