[Condor-users] Win2k Machine with Fixed Load Average of 1.0

I reported a problem about a year ago with some machines always reporting a load average of 1.0, or very close to that. The concensus was these machines were actually doing something - as the standard calculation of load doesn't appear to be broken.

Well, I finally have my hands on one of the offending machines and can do whatever I want with it. I'd like to dig around it guts to figure out why the hell it won't run any jobs for me :)

Any ideas where to start? Do certain services need to be running to have the load calculated properly? This machine has 0% CPU utilzation and a low resident memory usage (~155MB out of 512MB system RAM). There is no reason Condor should calculate its load to be 1, unless the OS is lying to it...

Thanks!
Chris Horn.

may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.