RE: [Condor-users] Slow response

[axs@wig-01 ~]$ time condor_status

real    3m4.741s
user    0m0.028s
sys     0m0.011s

I've never seen condor_status so slow before for such a small Condor pool. This is definitely unusual behavior.

Can you watch the CollectorLog while you do the condor_status query? If I was on a Unix system, I would do:

* [On the central manager]
  tail -f CollectorLog

* [On the client]
  condor_status

I'm curious if there are any interesting messages in the CollectorLog that indicate problems. If there aren't, you can increase the amount of debugging information and try again.

Are you using any of Condor's security options, like GSI or Kerberos? What OS are you running on?

-alain