Re: [Condor-users] wishlist for notification messages

One could add a global and local (per submit file) configuration option "FORMATTED EMAILS", and make the default "=no" the present format. "=yes" would be an easier to parse format.

No compatibility breakage unless explicitly desired.

Then, if desired, in a later development release (i.e. a new series where it is expected that things will break backwards compatibilty), the default can change to formatted emails instead.

Alternatively, the present format can be preserved, but one could append a formatted stanza which begins and ends with a consistent string (as x509 certificates do).

-----BEGIN CONDOR NOTIFICATION-----
foo = bar
fred = wilma
----END CONDOR NOTIFICATION-----