Re: [Condor-users] Nice level of condor jobs

> I have noticed that all the jobs that get queue onto my compute nodes
> have a nice level of 10.  How can I change this nice level of the
actual
> user job to be either nicer, or not as nice?
>
> eg.
>
>   PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU
COMMAND
> 11694 cafuser5  25  10  293M 269M 24336 S N  99.2 13.4  65:26   1
> ExRootAnalysisD
>
> Here the nice of that job is 10, how can I tell condor to use some
other
> value?

You can specify the JOB_RENICE_INCREMENT in Condor's config file.  See

http://docs.optena.com/display/CONDOR/JOB_RENICE_INCREMENT

This attribute will apply to all jobs run on that machine.

Mike Yoder
Principal Member of Technical Staff
Ask Mike: http://docs.optena.com
Direct  : +1.408.321.9000