Re: [Condor-users] Condor & octave

Le lundi 10 octobre 2005 à 17:46 +0200, Gino Filiberti a écrit :
> Good Afternoon. I have a simple question. Is it
> possible to run job using mathematic programs like
> octave (possibly in the standard universe)?
yes, it is possible to run octave in the standard universe
I have octave 2.1.69 relink with condor.
There are some problems to "condor_compile" octave :
* configure octave without MPI and HDF
* condor_compile doesn't work out of the box, you must do the link
yourself (remove -fp-ieee -lm from the command line)
* resolve symboles by changing order of the libs
* my version of ld hangs if the resulting binaries are to large, if ld
exit with no message, try :
--no-keep-memory and -S
* there is some multiple definitions of symboles :
--allow-multiple-definition
if you use this option, take care to the order of objects and libs
* to avoid automatique link with the system libs (we want to link with
condor's libs), you could use :
-nostdlib

if you have some troubles I could send you my script to build octave
(with comments in french).