Re: [Condor-users] Problems using on Mandrake

On Oct 28, 2005, at 8:07 AM, Clemente Tort wrote:

Hi, I'm a newbe in condor, I've two mandrivas and I'd like to install
condor in both. Im using the one with glibc 2.3 for redhat 9.2 in mode
static. I've no problem installing condor but I dont know how boot it, I
do:

condor_master
condor_on

Sent "Spawn-All-Daemons" command to local master

condor_status

Then condor_status do not show anything. There's another way to start it?

It can take the startd (the daemon that represents an execution resource) 10-20 seconds to fully initialize and advertise itself to the central manager. It spends some time benchmarking the cpu.

If condor_status still reports nothing after a minute, then check using ps whether there's a condor_startd process running on the machine. If there isn't, check if Condor is configured to run the startd. You can do this by looking for DAEMON_LIST in the Condor config file. It should include STARTD in the list of names.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |