Re: [Condor-users] Stork not setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH defined in STORK_ENVIRONMENT

Hi,

I was testing Stork on a machines that are used for submitting jobs by multiple users, so the Condor needs to be started by root. Just as other Condor daemons, Stork is started by setuid. Machines have various RH versions: RH9, RHEL3 & FC3.

You are correct, Linux does ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH for setuid processes (man ld.so).However, I didn't find an option to start stork differently from other services. Is that possible?

Also, if I understood the Stork concept correctly, Stork should be deployed together with Schedd services and has to be available to all users. Is that correct? In my case there are 5 sites - should I deploy one stork on every site or only one central stork? Would stork started by user accept demands from other users?

Thanks a lot,
emir