Re: [Condor-users] Jobs retuning blank output

On Sep 30, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Chris Miles wrote:

My jobs are submitting successfully now i have upgraded to 6.7 but my output files
are retuning blank. It does this using my own console application or even by calling /bin/hostname
as the executable. Is there anything that could be causing this? problem with stdout?

One likely cause is Condor thinks you have a shared filesystem and either 1) you don't or 2) your output files are on a local disk instead. On Windows, Condor assumes you don't have a shared filesystem by default and will transfer your job files between machines. On unix, it assumes you do have a shared filesystem by default. You can tell Condor to transfer the job files by adding the following to your submit file:

should_transfer_files = YES
when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |

|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |

|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |