Re: [Condor-users] userprio security

Roman Zubatyuk wrote:
Dear All,

 I am using 6.7.13 I386-LINUX_RH72 codnor. I have ound that any user
of my central manager can change users priority factors. Please, can
you advise me the right configuration entry to disable it.

Thanks in advance,
   Roman.

Roman,

This is the section of the condor_config file you should look at and adjust. I've left mine as $(CONDOR_HOST), which is the central manager, because I don't allow users to log on to that machine.

##--------------------------------------------------------------------
##  Host/IP access levels
##--------------------------------------------------------------------
##  Please see the administrator's manual for details on these
##  settings, what they're for, and how to use them.

##  What machines have administrative rights for your pool?  This
##  defaults to your central manager.  You should set it to the
##  machine(s) where whoever is the condor administrator(s) works
##  (assuming you trust all the users who log into that/those
##  machine(s), since this is machine-wide access you're granting).
HOSTALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = $(CONDOR_HOST)

##  If there are no machines that should have administrative access
##  to your pool (for example, there's no machine where only trusted
##  users have accounts), you can uncomment this setting.
##  Unfortunately, this will mean that administering your pool will
##  be more difficult.
#HOSTDENY_ADMINISTRATOR = *

##  What machines should have "owner" access to your machines, meaning
##  they can issue commands that a machine owner should be able to
##  issue to their own machine (like condor_vacate).  This defaults to
##  machines with administrator access, and the local machine.  This
##  is probably what you want.
HOSTALLOW_OWNER = $(FULL_HOSTNAME), $(HOSTALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR)