[Condor-users] [BirdBath] : Job not being picked up for running

Hi,

I am using the BirdBath webservices to submit a job to a condor pool from my java code. However the job stays in the idle state for almost 10 minutes (as indicated by running condor_q). Interestingly, if I submit a dummy job from the command line using condor_submit, then my other job is also picked up for running. I am not sure as to why this is happening and also this may be a problem when the jobs have to submitted entirely from a webpage, where I cannot run a dummy job for each such submit. Could anyone please provide me with any pointers to possible causes for this issue?

Thanks,
Rajesh