[Condor-users] authentication error with condor_rm

Running Condor 6.7.18 on Ubuntu Breezy, I'm getting the following problem with some jobs:

$ condor_rm -name [MACHINE] [USERNAME]
AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using GSI
GSI:5003:Failed to authenticate. Globus is reporting error (851968:45). There is probably a problem with your credentials. (Did you run grid-proxy-init?)
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS
Couldn't find/remove all of user [USERNAME]'s job(s).

The user reported having this problem, but she is not authorized to log in to those machines directly, so I tried it from my account, which is a queue superuser account. I thought it might be related to her user privs on the submit node. (She has jobs submitted from nodes she can't log in to because for reasons unknown she submits Condor jobs to submit other Condor jobs.) We're not doing Globus here, just basic Condor.

From my account I was unable to remotely kill the jobs, but I was able to remove them from the queues by logging in to each machine individually and killing them with a

  condor_rm [USERNAME]

- dave