Re: [Condor-users] condor view reporting strange errors

Moving to 6.8.0 seems to have done the trick.

many thanks,

-ian.

--On 01 August 2006 10:37 -0500 Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 04:21:41PM +0100, Dr Ian C. Smith wrote:
Hi,

I've recently been getting error reports from our condor view
server of the form

"/opt/condor/sbin/condor_collector" on "ulgp1.liv.ac.uk" died due to
signal  11.
Condor will automatically restart this process in 10 seconds.

*** Last 20 line(s) of file CollectorLog:
8/1 15:58:53 		Error while removing ad
8/1 15:58:53 		**** Removing stale ad: "< ulgbc1.liv.ac.uk ,
38.253.100.129
> "
8/1 15:58:53 		Error while removing ad
8/1 15:58:53 		**** Removing stale ad: "< ulgbc2.liv.ac.uk ,
38.253.100.82
> "
8/1 15:58:53 		Error while removing ad

These machines aren't "real" execute hosts but represent clusters which
can be reached using Condor-G. The classads for them are generated by a
cron  from
Globus MDS info. The classads are updated every 5 minutes. Things seemed
ok until I added StartdIpAddr attribute in the classads in response to
another error. Could this have something to do with it ?

Yes. Upgrade to 6.8.0, which fixes some bugs with the StartdIpAddr
handling in the collector.

-Erik