From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arnau Bria
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:24 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] CONDOR_IDS in condor_config

Hi,

I'm doing a fresh Condor 6.8 install.

I'm trying to do a condor_init and I'm finding this error message:

# condor_init
Error determining who should own the Condor-related directories.
Either create a "condor" account, or set the CONDOR_IDS environment
variable to the valid uid.gid pair that should be used by Condor.

As I wouldn't like to run daemons as root, I set:
CONDOR_IDS = 501.501  in condor_config, but the error is still there.

Is mandatory to set this var as an env var, or, as the manual says,
it's possible to set this var in condor_config file?

Many thanks in advance,
Arnau