Re: [Condor-users] Why does the Starter deamon keeps dying with SEGV?

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 01:13:39PM +0100, Mark Calleja wrote:

> Reasonably regularly. However, a colleague of mine who's been seeing a
> similar problem in his pool (different Linux distro and applications)
> got  the following piece advice when he recently contacted Condor's
> helpdesk: "Wisconsin guys told me that the "Signal 11" bug has been
> fixed in 6.8.x release and advise me to upgrade". Does this ring any
> bells with you? It seems as if someone within UWCS's corridors of power
> is aware of the problem.

"Signal 11" is a pretty generic error. Fixing one bug that resulted in
a signal 11 doesn't mean that we've fixed all of them.  It may be the same
bug, it certainly may not be.

There have been people with bugs that we could tell were fixed in 6.8
and we advised those people to upgrade. I don't think we know what your
bug is yet, so we can't say for certain if it's fixed in 6.8.

We'd certainly advise you to upgrade to 6.8 anyway and see if it goes
away there - if the bug has gone away then there's no work to do, and if the
bug is still there then we'll try and fix it for 6.8.1. We're not planning
on a 6.6.12.

-Erik