[Condor-users] Problems running MPI cpi.exe example from Condor

Hello all,

I am trying to submit an mpich2 job to my condor (v6.8 on Windows)
scheduler without much succuess.

I am using the following submit file:

 	universe = parallel
	executable = C:\Program Files\MPICH2\examples\cpi.exe
	log = logfile
	input = infile.$(NODE)
	output = outfile.$(NODE)
	error = errfile.$(NODE)
	machine_count = 2
	when_to_transfer_output = on_exit
	queue

When I enter "condor_submit mpi.sub" the job is submitted fine, but
never comes out of the Idle state.

When I perform a "condor_q" I see the following:
J:\mpi>condor_q
-- Submitter: windows01.perseus.cluster01.xissroot.tld :
<192.168.111.2:3180> :
windows01.perseus.cluster01.xissroot.tld
 ID      OWNER            SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST PRI SIZE CMD
   8.0   Administrator   8/11 11:49   0+00:00:00 I  0   9.8  cpi.exe

1 jobs; 1 idle, 0 running, 0 held

And when I perform a "condor_status"  I see this:
J:\mpi>condor_status
Name          OpSys       Arch   State      Activity   LoadAv Mem
ActvtyTime
compute-1-1.p WINNT52     INTEL  Unclaimed  Idle       0.030   255
0+01:40:06
compute-1-2.p WINNT52     INTEL  Unclaimed  Idle       0.010   255
0+00:29:36
windows01.per WINNT52     INTEL  Unclaimed  Idle       0.060   255
0+00:23:20

                     Total Owner Claimed Unclaimed Matched Preempting
Backfill
       INTEL/WINNT52     3     0       0         3       0          0
0
               Total     3     0       0         3       0          0
0

I'm not 100% sure that I can submit the cpi.exe to the parallel
universe, can I? Does anyone have any examples of how to do this to make
sure my setup is working properly?

Thanks,

James T. Richardson, Jr.
jrichardson@xxxxxxxxx
eXcellence in IS Solutions, Inc.
Office: 713-862-9200 x226
NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents.