Re: [Condor-users] Can a condor job wait in idle state

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Rajam S wrote:

> My condor job executes a script. I want my condor job to wait until this
> script finishes. Till this time, can I put my job in idle state.
> Currently, my job is in running state and the resource is not available
> to any other jobs. Please help me to solve this problem.

I'm not 100% clear on what you're trying to do, but here's some info:

If your job is actually forking off a script, your job has to handle
waiting for the script, and there's nothing Condor can do to help.

If you can separate your script from the actual Condor job, though, you
could create a single-node DAG and run your script as the PRE script
(see
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/2_12DAGMan_Applications.html).

Hopefully that helps...

Kent Wenger