Re: [Condor-users] {First timer problem} "No 'MASTER_LOG' parameter specified."

On Aug 10, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Ittach, Yossi wrote:

I've just installed condor 6.8 , but when I try to run the condor_master I get this error:

"ERROR "No 'MASTER_LOG' parameter specified." at line 121 in file dprintf_config.c"

I saw nothing similar on the web. Has anybody ran into it, or has any idea what is it?

It sounds like Condor couldn't find the proper configuration file. Make sure your configuration file is in the correct location.

On unix, Condor looks in the following locations:
$(CONDOR_CONFIG ) in the environment
/etc/condor_config
~condor/condor_config
$(GLOBUS_LOCATION)/etc/condor_config

On windows, Condor looks in the following locations:
$(CONDOR_CONFIG) in the environment
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Condor in the registry

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |