Re: [Condor-users] NFS and the parallel universe

Cleary Jr, Richard N wrote:
Hello,

I need some help in understanding the parallel universe and a shared file system. I currently have a pool of machines that NFS mount a 5.3TByte file system for users to run their jobs out of. I am now able to run MPI/Parallel jobs across the pool, but I noticed something odd relating to the file system behavior. I previously reported a chirp error in my parallel environment and to fix it I was told to put the following entries in my submission script:

            when_to_transfer_output = on_exit
            should_transfer_files = yes

Richard:

The above settings work around a problem in the parallel universe scripts when using NFS. However, they have other effects, as you've noticed below. I've fixed the problems when running from NFS, and a subsequent Condor version will work without these settings.

-greg