Re: [Condor-users] Where to find Condor JAVA API for submitting, monitoring, cancelling etc the jobs

On 8/31/06, Kashif Saleem <kashifgikian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,
 I am just new to condor and I could not able to
find the JAVA API for submitting,monitoring,cancelling
etc the jobs on this site
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/.So I would appreciate
if you could please point me to the right link where I can get the
documentation for the JAVA API for
CONDOR.Thanks for any help.

No such condor specific java API exists (at least as provided by the
condor team).

There are SOAP interfaces (the .wsdl files which will let you use Axis
or similar to create java classes which will talk to the schedd via
SOAP)

I understand that there are some DRMAA implementations for using
condor. What functionality they expose, and whether there is a java
implementation I don't know.

At the moment there is no 'stable' or officially supported means of
talking to condor daemons except:

1 command line tools and wrappers around them
2 the SOAP interface (based largely around job submission and control,
not sure if they have bothered to add the data associated with
querying the collector yet)
3 (sort of) The database which is available as a result of quill

Currently any attempt to talk 'natively' to the daemons would
effectively have to re-implement most of the daemon communication
protocols by hand. I briefly considered doing this to provide an
alternate starter in .net. I swiftly reconsidered, the shared
functionality in all daemons means reimplementing far too much just
for one daemon.

Matt