Re: [Condor-users] schedd changes owner to a regular user and results in queue crash

Junjun,

> It turns out condor schedd was restarted due to other reason earlier.
> When the translation log job_queue.log was replayed, the scheduler
> got stuck with a regular user's job.
>
> The question remains as in what events schedd runs as users other
> than condor?

The schedd will run as another user when it is getting ready to fork
off a new shadow (and perhaps when it is reaping an exiting shadow,
but I'm not sure about that).

If it needs to lock a file or do some network I/O and this is taking a
long time (or hanging) you will see the effect you describe.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics