Re: [Condor-users] Priority issue

Daniel Forrest wrote:
Nicolas,

I started a first job (72), which is made of about 150 queued jobs.
Then I later started a second one (74), which I need first.  So,
once started, I modified the 74's priority with :
condor_prio -p 500 74
I also modified the 72's priority to -15.

Now my problem is that only one of the 74 job runs and other CPUs
are used by 72. Even when a 72 job finishes, if a 74 is running, it
doesn't launch any new 74.

As far as I know, this is the expected behavior.  The job priority is
only of concern when a new match is made, not when an existing match
is being reused.

When an existing match is being reused, the next best match from the
same cluster is used before looking for jobs in another cluster.

I agree with that. However, in the soon-to-be-released version 6.9.1, things have changed. It will run the job with the highest priority, regardless of which cluster the jobs comes from. (With one small exception: this version of the schedd will not reuse an existing claim with a job that is ranked lower by the machine than the original job that was used to claim the machine.)

--Dan