From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shi, Bo
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 2:15 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] Using Freesurfer with Condor

Hi All -

I'm exploring the possibility of using Condor to manage Freesurfer
(https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki) processes.  Installation of
Condor went smoothly on a RHEL4 system, but I've come across a possible
issue with how Freesurfer handles data files.

Freesurfer processes data located in a subject directory (2 levels deep)

In section 2.5.4.4,
> Therefore, the executing program must access input files without
paths.
> Because all transferred files are placed into a single, flat
directory,
> input files must be uniquely named to avoid collision when
transferred.
> A collision causes the last file in the list to overwrite the earlier
> one.

Can Condor handle such a usage case?  Can I specify a whole directory as
program input?

Or even better, has anyone every used Freesurfer with Condor?

Thanks,
Bo