Re: [Condor-users] condor and make

I'm not sure whether you are willing to spend more than 5 minutes on this, but there are some projects which are dealing with exactly that problem (google brings at least few of them at the top of the list). The idea is to use the internal parallelization  capability of make to execute things in parallel when it is possible via -j flag. So people wrap actual calls to gcc using any batch system invocations you want, and get this distributed make. It's not that simple, of course, but you may want to explore this idea.