Re: [Condor-users] Job continually being run due to shadowexceptionerrors.

On Feb 16, 2006, at 7:48 PM, <Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx> <Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I modified the submit file as below:

executable = egs.exe
environment = XPERT_DIR=\\arthur-lu\montecarlo
output     = D7EG9AB.log
log        = D7EG9AB.condorlog
arguments  = D7EG9AB.egs
universe   = vanilla
transfer_input_files = D7EG9AB.egs,auto_design7.pegsdat
#transfer_input_files = egs.exe,D7EG9AB.egs,auto_design7.pegsdat
#transfer_output_files = D7EG9AB.log,D7EG9AB.condorlog
queue

and the problem seems to go away. As you said, there is no need
to explicitly include the default *.err, *.out, *.log or executable
in the transfer statements. Removing them, as in the submit file
above, seems to fix the problem. However I would have thought that
explicity including them shouldn't? have caused any problems.

Good to hear.

I guess what you're saying is by explicity including the log file
it is created on the execute machine and then transferred back to
the submit machine upon completion? And this is when the file transfer
error was occurring, maybe because it was trying to transfer a file
that no longer existed? or was trying to overwrite one that was
already there on the submitting machine?

It failed because there never was a log file on the execute machine. The condor starter on the execute machine tried to open a file that didn't exist.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |