Re: [Condor-users] Condor port range under Win XP

--On 22 February 2006 15:37 -0600 Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 22, 2006, at 12:46 PM, Kewley, J ((John)) wrote:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 05:51:56PM -0000, Kewley, J (John) wrote:

Which daemons export LOWPORT and HIGHPORT ?

I'll reword.

How can you query the daemons on a machine (any daemon if they all
have the same)
to confirm which settings they are using.

I'd like to run condor_status from a central node and confirm that:
a) All config files have been updated
b) Condor has been restarted on each machine to reflect these changes
   (or even all daemons if they all use it)

It is important for firewalls, and might help find out why Ian had
this
problem.

condor_config_val can be used to query a specific daemon for what
values it currently has set. For example, to query the values of
lowport/highport from the schedd on machine nostos:

condor_config_val -name nostos -schedd lowport highport

This confirms that the values are the same as in condor_config
but on repeated net stop condor / net start condor the startd
appears to listen outside of the set range. This is shown in
the .startd_address log file and also in the machine classads.
Presumably it is actually listening on this port as I can
get it to run jobs from a remote schedd.

cheers,

-ian.