Re: [Condor-users] Amount of ports used by condor

This doesn't seem to be what happens though, unless I'm misunderstanding
something. Our current test pool has of the order of 50-60 machines
in it (windows machines).  We have used the HIGHPORT and LOWPORT options
to restrict the port range to 9000-10000. I used tcpdump on our linux
central manager and it shows only 445 unused ports in that range,
i.e. about 555 unique ones used (~ 55 machines X 10 ports each (1 vm)).

We first ran into this when increasing our pool size and the port range
was only 9600-9700. Machines started getting the "failing to bind to
a port" type of error. Increasing to 9000-10000 fixed this but now we
are looking at pool sizes of hundreds of PCs.

Cheers

Greg