Re: [Condor-users] DHCP with condor?

We have this type of setup. There can sometimes be some problems with
the
condor service starting before the PC is properly connected to the
network.

If that happens you will see messages in the node log files about
"failing
to bind to a port address". We have made the condor service dependent on
the dhcp client service. This seems to sort out this issue.

You can create a .reg file as below:

**************** The next 4 lines are filename.reg **********
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Condor]
"DependOnService"=hex(7):44,00,68,00,63,00,70,00,00,00,00,00

and then use the command:

regedit /s filename.reg

to import the settings.

Cheers