Re: [Condor-users] 6.6.10 equivalent for STARTD_VM_EXPRS?

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 02:41:20AM -0600, Derek Wright wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:15:15 -0800  "Little, Colin E" wrote:
>
> > I could do this using STARTD_VM_EXPRS
> > Sadly it seems that this only works in 6.7, and we're stuck with
> > 6.6.10 for now. Does anyone know of a hack to get around this until
> > 6.8 is released?
>
> sorry, i'm pretty sure you're out of luck.  i specifically added the
> STARTD_VM_EXPRS functionality because there was no other way to
> accomplish anything like it.  since then, we've found dozens of handy
> uses for it, all of which are impossible in the 6.6.x series.
>
> so, you can either live "dangerously" and use 6.7.x, or wait. ;)

Colin,

We've been using 6.6.x with a 6.7.x startd for over a year without any
problems.  This is on several pools each with 500+ nodes and heavily
used.  Almost all the nodes are configured with STARTD_VM_EXPRS in the
spirit of the Bologna model.  We also use other handy features in 6.7.x
like MaxJobRetirementTime.

Alex