Re: [Condor-users] Reduce maxjobs on a machine?

At 10:12 PM 1/12/2006 -0500, Joseph Turian wrote:
Hello,

I have one machine with four CPUs, but I want to configure it such that at most three jobs can be run on it simultaneously.
How can I do that?

Similarly, I have some hyper-threaded Intel machines which have only one CPU, but appear to have two.
How can I configure them to run only one job at a time?

The easiest way is to set NUM_CPUS = 3 or NUM_CPUS = 1, as appropriate. You can do this in your configuration file.

This tells Condor to pretend that the number of CPUs is different than what it detects. Since Condor allows one job per CPU, this will effectively change the number of jobs that can run at one time on those machines.

-alain