Re: [Condor-users] job executing in /opt/condor-6.7.14/local.hostname/execute/dir_.../ despite InitialDir value

On Jan 18, 2006, at 4:16 AM, Partha Lal wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to submit a job that will run in a given directory. Previously, with v6.7.12, I seemed to be able to do that with the InitialDir attribute in the submit description file. Now, with v6.7.14, that seems to be ignored. My submit file is:

Universe=               vanilla
InitialDir=             /home/s0565860/projects/learning_gmtk_TIMIT/
Executable=             /bin/pwd
Log=                    LOGS/pwd.log
Output=                 LOGS/pwd/$(Cluster).output
Error=                  LOGS/pwd/$(Cluster).error
ShouldTransferFiles=    YES
WhenToTransferOutput=   ON_EXIT
Notification=           NEVER
Queue

And the contents of the output file is:
/opt/condor-6.7.14/local.orac/execute/dir_17417
(where orac was the executing host) and not /home/s0565860/projects/ learning_gmtk_TIMIT/ as expected.

If the submit and execute machines don't have a common shared filesystem, then initialdir is ignored on the execute side and is only used to resolve relative paths in the job's submit file. It may also be ignored on the execute side if file transfer is enabled (as it is in the submit file above). Try setting remote_initialdir.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |