To: "Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] GCB Performance

Chris Miles wrote:
Yeah I shall definately try those out tomorrow. Im not really bothered about
cpu or memory usage on the submitting
machine. Thats only running GT4 and Condor and acts as my middleware...
nothing else. I just want to get my jobs
submitting as fast as possible.

Do you think it might be worth while tarballing the numerous output files?
would this help condor out a little?

Condor uses one TCP connection to ship all output files back to the
submit machine. Therefore, the performance gain will be proportional to
the amount that you reduce the total bytes by tar+ziping.