Re: [Condor-users] FW: Condor won't preempt jobs from high priority user

> It looks like you've removed the userprio consideration from
> the expression.  The default is:
>
> UWCS_PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = ( $(StateTimer) > (1 * $(HOUR)) && \
>          RemoteUserPrio > SubmittorPrio * 1.2 ) ||
> (MY.NiceUser == True)
>
> It checks for a 20% difference in user priority, but yours
> doesn't seem to look at it.
>
> - dave

The doc states that condor preempts when PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS is true and
the submitter has a better (lower priority). This means to me that there is
a default RemoteUserPrio > SubmittorPrio condition. But I agree that the
expression
PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = (((TARGET.RemoteWallClockTime + (CurrentTime -
EnteredCurrentState)-TARGET.CumulativeSuspensionTime) > 2*(60 * 60)) ||
(MY.NiceUser == True))

Will give us problem when all job have run more than 2 hours as they will
switch back and forth with the priority changing each time. We are going to
fix that. But that still doesn't explain why those jobs weren't preempted.

Thomas

Cyclotron Institute, Texas A&M university
ZIP 77843-3366
(979)-845-1411 ext. 258
Website: http://www.tmaterna.com