Re: [Condor-users] No matches being made

Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The goal of the wrapper is to add the AccountingGroup to all
> jobs that are submitted, and have that AccountingGroup be based on
> the gid of that user within my cluster.
> It's adding the classad correctly but it seems to be interfering
> with jobs that are submitted via condor-G, destined for this cluster
> or for elsewhere.
> So  question one--how to wrap condor_submit in such a way that
> AccountingGroup can be attached to Vanilla universe jobs
> (whether sent to the cluster inbound from the GRAM interface or submitted
> locally) but not break submission of Globus (gt2) universe jobs outbound?
> Or do I have some other problem here?

So taking a quick look at how Condor handles this case, yes, it
appears that AccountingGroup can confuse grid jobs.  I'm going to
look deeper into it and see about getting it to do the Right
Thing (which is probably just ignoring the AccountingGroup in
this case).

As you note, the immediate answer is probably to just avoid
adding the AccountingGroup to grid jobs.  I can't suggest any
trivial fixes beyond the obvious, perhaps just direct local user
to call condor_submit_real directly, or modify your condor_submit
to check for a universe of grid or globus, or modify the Globus
submit scripts (From memory:
$GLOBUS_LOCATION/lib/Perl/Globus/GRAM/Condor.pm) to add the
desired details.

--
Alan De Smet                              Condor Project Research
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                 http://www.condorproject.org/