Re: [Condor-users] condor & MPI

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 05:23:36PM -0800, Rok Roskar wrote:
> I'm trying to test a set up of dedicated resources in our condor pool.
> I don't want the MPI jobs to follow any different scheduling
> rules/priorities/policies than other jobs, so all I added to the local
> config files for the two machines I want to test initially is:
>
> DedicatedScheduler = ``DedicatedScheduler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx''
> STARTD_EXPRS = $(STARTD_EXPRS), DedicatedScheduler
>
> (the quotes around DedicatedScheduler host name look suspect - are they
> supposed to be like that? I got these lines straight from the manual)

No, that's an error in the manual. You should use " instead of `` or '', ie
DedicatedScheduler = "DedicatedScheduler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

(we use LaTeX for our manual, someone's trying to get the right
quotes but not doing the right thing, we'll fix it.)

-Erik

> I've restarted condor on the two machines after having changed the
> settings.
>
> However, my jobs(submitted from the DedicatedScheduler machine) aren't
> starting. So a few diagnostics I've tried to perform:
>
> - When I run condor_status -l for the two machines, nothing about the
> DedicatedScheduler appears in the resource ads (is it supposed to?).

Yes, when the above is fixed it should show up.

> - When I run condor_useprio -allusers, the DedicatedScheduler "user"
> appears. I'm not sure this is supposed to happen, I didn't see anything
> about this in the docs

It's fine.

-Erik