Re: [Condor-users] blast

We are using Condor to implement BLAST as well. We use the standalone version of BLAST, which can be downloaded from the NCBI site. The standalone version is executed via command-line, which meets our needs.

If you are looking for a web-based implementation, I have not tried it but there is a version that is available from Condor's site:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/tools/BLAST/

Hope this helps,
-Al Ramsey

Sandy Spence wrote:

Hi All,

I need to install blast on my cluster any blast users out there that can
advise on version and website?

I have looked at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/ but am not convinced that
this is the right one for a condor cluster.

Cheers,

Sandy

Computer Officer, RA Certification Manager
Department of Computer Science - UWA
Llandinam Building
Penglais Campus
Aberystwyth