[Condor-users] CurrentRank not changing

I have a rank statement in my condor config file similar to that found in the condor manual, i.e.,

RANK = (Owner == "coltrane") + (Owner == "tyner") \
+ ((Owner == "garrison") * 10) + (Owner == "jones")

My goal is to setup some machines to prefer jobs submitted by specific users. Problem is, condor doesn't seem to want to resolve the Rank statement based on who has submitted the job. For example, if I submit a job as the user coltrane the "CurrentRank" doesn't change from 0.0000. This is true even though the machine advertises the rank statement above and lists the RemoteOwner = "coltrane@xxxxxxxxxxxx" after the job submitted by coltrane has started. Furthermore, when I submit another job as garrison the coltrane jobs are not preempted.

What else is required to get a machine to prefer jobs submitted by a specific job owner and preemempt others. Do I need to modify the submit file?

Version info:
$CondorVersion: 6.7.14 Dec 13 2005 $
$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_RH9 $

Thanks,