Re: [Condor-users] Limiting user stdout and stderr in condor jobs

In the job requirements
+JobDiskLimit = 10000
periodic_remove = DiskUsage > JobDiskLimit
should prevent the job from using more than e.g. 10 MB in
the session directory. I wouldn't know how to get Condor to
enforce this for a particular file - you would probably have to
build a command wrapper and check the file size in a separate
process if this is important.

Cheers, Alex

bakken wrote:

A user has asked us if there is any option/flag to set that would limit their stderr/stdout output from a job. I tried looking in the manual and asking knowledgeable people, but can't find anything on this.

The user wants to do this since occasionally they have jobs that fail, and therefore produces lots of stderr that ultimately will crash the node. They are trying to be a good grid citizen.

Thanks for any help.
Jon Bakken

R4551|0n      7h3r3'5  n0  p|4c3  |1k3  127.0.0.1
Jon A. Bakken    bakken@xxxxxxxx   (630) 840-4790