[Condor-users] wrapping an MPI executable

I am currently running MPI programs through condor. Our code does a form of checkpointing, but I need to run a script after the process finishes, which sets up the files for a later restart. So, I would like to be able to wrap my MPI executable in a script, so that I can run some scripts before condor starts up the main MPI program. Is there some way to do this? Does condor invoke some sort of 'mpirun' command when it starts up MPI jobs? In that case, putting the executable in a script probably won't work. Is there some other way to tell condor to run something else before actually starting the process? thanks,

rok

Rok Roskar
University of Washington
Department of Astronomy