Re: [Condor-users] [Filter Test: P272621] Re: [Filter Test: P272621] Startd's crashing with fatal error getting process info for starter and descendants

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 04:01:12PM -0400, Ian Chesal wrote:

> Add a third request to this:
>
> The startd shouldn't die like this when it can't gather process stats.
> That doesn't really seem like an I-should-die-and-take-down-my-jobs kind
> of situation. Warnings are fine.

Really? What if the user job is violating the local policy expressions,
say because it's driving load up very high and using all of the memory.

If a daemon doesn't know what it's doing, and if there's a chance that
what it is doing is causing harm, it seems like the safe thing to do is
to shut down.

-Erik