Re: [Condor-users] Submitting to condor via globus

Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Linux box with both globus and condor installed on it.

Submitting to condor via globus

Job manager queues setup on globus for each arch/opsys in the condor pool/s.

Job submitted via globus for the condor pool. I assume no issues with submitting to
windows machines in the condor pool? I also assume that flocking is OK?

My experience is with gt2. If you are using something more recent, the following may or may not apply.

You should be able to submit to windows machines and do flocking. However, be aware that jobs are submitted by default with the assumption of a shared filesystem between the submit node and the execute node (for example the files in the globus gass cache). You can modify the way the jobs are submitted by editing the globus condor.pm script, which generates the submit file.

So the globus job end up being submitted to the condor schedd on the same box?

Yes.

--Dan