Re: [Condor-users] How To TroubleShoot Flocking

Thanks to everyone who has responded trying to help me with this problem.  I've tried some of the suggestions and am still having the problem.  Here is what I have done so far.

I am submitting a simple job named testlinux3.sub with the following contents:
   Executable     = /bin/hostname
   Requirements    = UidDomain == "condor.calumet.purdue.edu" && Arch == "X86_64"
   Universe       = vanilla
   transfer_files = ALWAYS
   Output         = hostname3.out
   Log            = hostname3.log
   Queue

I use condor_submit testlinux3.sub to submit the job and it goes in the queue.  It sits in the queue for 30 minutes and then it flocks to condor.calumet.purdue.edu as expected; however, I immediately start getting shadow errors.  At this point the log shows: (ip's have been omitted to protect the guilty :) )
   000 (251318.000.000) 07/06 16:19:55 Job submitted from host: <x.x.x.x:57608>
   001 (251318.000.000) 07/06 16:50:05 Job executing on host: <x.x.x.x:23601>
   007 (251318.000.000) 07/06 16:50:13 Shadow exception!
           Error from starter on vm1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Failed to execute '/usr/local/condor/home/execute/dir_14129/condor_exec.exe condor_exec.exe': No such file or directory
           0  -  Run Bytes Sent By Job
           10740  -  Run Bytes Received By Job

Permissions on /usr/local/condor/home/execute are:
   drwxrwxrwt  2 root root 4.0K Jul  6 15:15 execute

There is no other file or directory inside the execute directory.  Condor runs as root on this server.  Also, I have configured this server to use Lowport: 23410 and Highport: 23914.  As you can see from the log above, it appears to be in the proper range.

What else can I do to check this?

Thanks again.

John Alberts
Technical Assistant for EMS