[Condor-users] Suspension by another condor job

Hi
Is it possible, even in principle, to have a job suspended by another condor job?

As I understand when a job is suspended the clam is still valid and, as condor will only let one one job on a resource at any time, another job cannot be run by condor.

The context is we have a few users who run very long jobs and we would like to have their jobs suspended for a bit to let little job through. Checkpointing is not on since we run the vanilla universe and preemption is annoying for such long jobs.

The software is condor-6.6.10 running the vanilla universe on SuSE 9.3.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Cregan
Computer Officer