[Condor-users] condor and Darwin-Intel

Hi!

I downloaded condor for Mac OSX PPC and it was great to see it runs in
my Mac Intel via Rosetta.
However, there's only the "vanilla" version.

My scenario is as follow:

I am developing an application which relies only on Linux Intel
processors. The submitting machine should be any computer. Indeed, our
server, a Sun-sparc Solaris, can submit the jobs (which binaries are
Linux Intel) without problem (universe environment). However, from my
Mac I got this error (as expected though):-( :

Submitting job(s)
ERROR: You are trying to submit a "standard" job to Condor.
This version of Condor only supports "vanilla" jobs, which
perform no checkpointing or remote system calls.  See the
Condor manual for details (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual).

My question is why Solaris has a universal version and Mac not?
And how to overcome this? If possible, of course.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.