[Condor-users] killing globus-job-managers

Once again I started seeing high loads on my gatekeeper due to a large
number of globus-job-manager processes.

I started to kill some of the older (> 1 day) g-j-m processes and saw an
immediate reduction in the system load, as I had expected.

My question:  Is it ok to start arbitrarily killing some of these g-j-m
processes?  What effect will it have on the corresponding jobs?

Would it be better/equivalent to condor_rm some of the g-j-m jobs (which
are easily identified by their command:  data --dest-url=http://...)?
What effect will condor_rm'ing these jobs have for the user?

Some users are correctly setting
GRIDMANAGER_MAX_JOBMANAGERS_PER_RESOURCE to limit the number of g-j-m
processes.  Is there an equivalent setting that I can use on the
gatekeeper to limit the number of g-j-m processes launched by any given
user?

--Mike