[Condor-users] Problem with condor_install script

Dear condor users:

I am trying to install condor_6.6.11 on our linux cluster consisting of 12 nodes with NFS system. Based on step-by-step installation instructions of the manual, if we do a full-install and we say that we want the local host to be our central manager, we don't have to run condor_install two times on our master node(NFS server) because condor_install is supposed to install all necessary files on the shared file system and automatically configure the master node to be the central manager. In other words, local configuration file for central manager should be produced and configured automatically. However, I found this is not the case. We still have to run condor_install two times on our master node even if the file server and central manager are on the same machine. First time run it with a full-install option and then run it with central manager option.

Does anybody find such problem with the script condor_install?

Best regards,
Sincerely,
Jun WANG

Department of Chemistry