Re: [Condor-users] Detecting checkpoint.

>      I haven't checked yet, but since you may know off the
> top of your head, does gethostid work in standard universe?
> Is that a good indicator of a processor change?

     I've run a test case now and it appears that gethostid()
returns a meaningful number.  That's an even better indicator
for me since a change in host id is a better indicator of change
in CPU than the fact that I was checkpointed.

     Problem solved (for me).

				Best regards,
				Phil

				P. A. Cheeseman