Re: [Condor-users] Is this a feature or a bug in Condor 6.7.19?

On Jul 11, 2006, at 4:54 PM, Gabriel Mateescu wrote:

I noticed that the mapping of the
job's stdout has changed from
Condor 6.7.17 to 6.7.19 in an
important way.
This new behavior seems to me less suitable than
the old behavior, because now the <sourceUrl> path
does not match <stdout>, which is still mapped to
${GLOBUS_SCRATCH_DIR}/job_HASH, and thus one
cannot use absolute paths in the Out specification
any more; in other words, the staged out file
will be an empty file rather than stdout.

But what I do not know is if the new behavior has
been done intentionally or if it is a bug.

It's a bug, introduced when we fixed transfer_output_files and transfer_output_remaps to match the behavior of the vanilla universe. Until we fix it, you should be able to work around it by using relative paths for stdout and stderr.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |