Re: [Condor-users] Submit DagMan to REmote Schedd??

On Jul 17, 2006, at 1:56 PM, Adam Chrystie wrote:

When i try to submit a dagman job to a remote schedd it doesn;t seem to
work.

The main dagman job is placed in HOLD state and none of the jobs within
the dag are submitted.

If I submit using the local machine then it works fine.

Any pointers on how to make remote dagman job subbmissions work?

I'm using Windows XP machines for now but eventually the controller will
be on Linux.

There's no easy way to do it if the two machines don't have a common shared filesystem. You'd have to use the -no_submit option of condor_submit_dag. Then you would edit the submit file to list the .dag file, the nodes' submit files and all of the nodes' input files in transfer_input_files, and all of the output files in transfer_output_files.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |